About This Qualification (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry)
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
- Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
- Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia; and
- Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 for Victoria.
It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work.
This course is nationally recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
Most Importantly there are no entry requirements into CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry, however, participants should have a good level of literacy and numeracy so they can read, interpret and apply safety guidelines and protocols.
Age of applicants must be over 14 years
More over students will need to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test based on the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) at ACSF Level Two.
Similarly as stipulated by Safe Work NSW, students are required to present 100 points of ID to Check Visit Link
Clients must also have access to:
- A PC or equivalent running or capable of running Microsoft Windows 2010 and Microsoft Office 2010 and above
- Internet connection
This program is delivered entirely off the job at training venues. The program consists of a face-to-face, trainer-led class which involves theory and practical sessions, conducted in training venues, involving small group and individual activities.
It is a requirement of this course that delivery of this course should include the following
- Practical demonstrations
- Group discussions/activities
- Group work
- Group Discussions
- Scenarios/role plays
Students are required to attend the full 6 hours of face-to-face training on-premises in one day. Students who miss the course or part of the course, are required to reregister and attend the full 6 hours. This 6 hour period must be training and not include administration activities.
The delivery of this qualification (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry) is available online, only in NSW. Click Here
The total course duration is 6.5 hours of face to face delivery conducted during one session. This consists of a mandatory 6-hour nominal duration as specified by SafeWork NSW and a 30-minute break.
- WHS Legislative requirements
- Duty of Care
- Safe Work Practices
- Common construction hazards
- Hazard identification
- Hazard control and the ”hierarchy of controls”
- Incident reporting
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safety signs and symbols
- Designated safety positions on site
- Emergency response
- Basic first aid overview
- Fire safety and fire emergency response
- Health and Safety Representatives
You will be provided access to learning materials including:
- Learners Guides
- Assessment Workbooks
- Case Studies
- Simulated Work Environment
- Other resources including videos and reference material
- Additional assessment resources
Cost includes issue of the SafeWork NSW Statement of Training for General Induction and the actual Whitecard which will be posted to you by SafeWork NSW within 60 days. Your Statement of Training is also valid for 60 days and this enables you to commence work on site before your card arrives.
Our full Fee Schedule and Refund Policy are available at https://www.acse.edu.au/downloads/
As a condition of Enrolment and prior to signing any Enrolment paperwork, we require you to read our Refund Policy in full. This is to ensure you understand your rights with regard to obtaining a refund and any timelines that prescribe whether that can occur or not and the level of refund you may be entitled to.
Please go to https://acse.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Refund-and-Cancellation-Policy.pdf and read the policy in full or request a copy from [email protected]
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to submit a range of formative and summative assessment items at pre-determined intervals where possible. These include:
- Underpinning Knowledge reading and written responses
- Case study reading and written responses
- Journal and Ledger entry workbooks
- Practical projects
- Demonstration or observation (via video submission or digital media, mainly for RPL applicants)
- Presentation (via video submission as an alternative assessment mechanism)
Assessment is used to provide candidates with feedback on their progress and to measure their skills and knowledge against the training qualification requirements.
Assessment timelines will be provided on enrolment as part of your enrolment information package.
Students, who obtain a competent result for all assessments, will receive a Statement of Attainment for CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry.
A SafeWork NSW Statement of Training will also be issued. The Statement of Training will allow participants to work immediately while Safe Work NSW processes their photo card application and it is valid for 60 days.
Potential job roles on completion of this program inlcude:
- Site Security Officer
- Site Traffic Control Officer
- Ability to access and work on construction sites nationwide.
- Ability to deliver goods and services to construction sites.
- Ability to access sites both residential and commercial to conduct inspections, accompany clients and buyers.
Contact Enrolment Team to Get Help and Discount!
Fill out the form and get in touch with us today!
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes