BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management
This qualification (BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management) reflects the role of individuals who apply project management skills and knowledge in a variety of contexts, across a number of industry sectors. The job roles that relate to this qualification may include Project Manager and Project Team Leader.
Individuals in these roles have project leadership and management roles and are responsible for achieving project objectives. They possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical and managerial competencies to initiate, plan, execute and evaluate their own work and/or the work of others.
About BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management
This qualification targets learner who wish to obtain the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management, to formalise existing skills, progress in their careers or have the ability to study a higher-level qualification. The BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management has a broad application, especially suited to those wishing to upskill in a number of leadership and management areas. It is designed specifically for supervisors or middle managers that have responsibility for a team of people, as well as those who participate in operational planning and are involved in change management.
BSB50820 Entry Requirements
- Have sound communication skills and will undertake a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy test prior to commencing the training if required.
- Pass an ACSF based LLN assessment at Learning (ACSF Level 3+), reading (ACSF Level 3+), writing (ACSF Level 3+), oral communication (ACSF Level 4) and numeracy (ACSF Level 3+) or possess an Australian Year 12 matriculation certificate or an AQTF Certificate IV or above.
- Have a access to a computer and internet
BSB50820 Course Structure
To achieve this qualification BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management, the candidate must demonstrate competency in 12 units of competency (8 core and 4 elective) which are listed below:
- BSBPMG530 Manage project scope
- BSBPMG531 Manage project time
- BSBPMG532 Manage project quality
- BSBPMG533 Manage project cost
- BSBPMG534 Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG535 Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG536 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG521 Manage project integration
- BSBPMG537 Manage project procurement
- BSBPMG538 Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBPMG539 Manage project governance
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement
BSB50820 Mode of Delivery
BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management is an online self-paced course. Students will receive a unique student login at enrolment and be able to access all learning and assessment materials through the Student Portal. Students are provided with an induction to the course, to outline the learning and assessment processes, support services and other relevant information. Students will be allocated an online trainer/assessor who they need to communicate with regularly throughout the duration of their training. The online trainer/assessor is there to:
- Provide guidance and tuition
- Check on progress at least once a month and for a total of one hour per unit at a minimum (phone, email, Skype, Google Hangouts).
- Mark assessments and provide feedback.
- Be a point of contact for grievances or personal problems that may be experienced.
Students will be required to complete formative activities and summative assessment as they progress, using the Learner Guides, Assessment Workbooks and Learner Exercise Files provided to them. Aside from the IT and Software requirements mentioned previously, all other learning material is provided to the student.
Students will submit work through the Student Portal or email to their trainer/assessor for marking. Submitted work will be marked within 5 days and feedback provided and results entered by the trainer/assessor using the trainer portal.
BSB50820 Course Material
You will be provided access to learning materials including:
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to submit a range of formative and summative assessment items at pre-determined intervals where possible.
Assessment is used to provide candidates with feedback on their progress and to measure their skills and knowledge against the training qualification requirements.
Assessment timelines will be provided on enrolment as part of your enrolment information package.
BSB50820 Payment Options
Fees are payable when you receive your confirmation of enrolment and invoice for the enrolment fee. Fees must be paid within 5 days of receiving this notification from ACSE. We may cancel an enrolment or discontinue training if fees are not paid as required. Payment methods include direct deposit, cheque or credit card via Pay Pal.
Payment can be made in instalments as well. Please contact our student coordinator to ask about instalment options.
BSB50820 Career Pathways
This qualification provides opportunities in roles like: