List of Government Funded Courses 2019 for Australian Students at Autralian College of Skills and Education.
CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting
BSB51415 Diploma of Project Management
CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for work and Vocational Pathways
BSB20115 Certificate II in Business
What is Skilled Capital?
Skilled Capital is a new ACT Government funded training initiative. Skilled Capital offers a comprehensive range of services to provide Canberrans the support they need to complete the training that is right for them. Skilled Capital will improve access to high quality training in areas of skills needs. The program provides training subsidies that allow you to study at a greatly reduced cost and in many cases, with no cost to you (conditions apply).
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for Skilled Capital you must at the time of enrolment, be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than six (6) months; or
- a permanent Humanitarian Visa holder; or
- a visa holder with work rights on a pathway to permanent residency and not excluded from participation in government funded training, and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college. Students with an Exemption Certificate are not eligible for Skilled Capital. Students who are undertaking a year 10 or year 12 equivalent study in an alternative program are eligible provided they meet the remaining eligibility criteria.
In addition to the above, to be eligible for a Certificate II level Skilled Capital qualification, you must:
- not have completed a Certificate III or higher, excluding foundation skills qualifications, or
have suffered changed circumstances which impacts your ability to undertake training and/or work, such as ill health
Places are limited and competitive and are allocated on a first come first served basis. We are taking expressions of interest now for training to commence after our next intake on 21 February 2018. Before we can provide formal notification of enrolment, we need to gather some information from you to check eligibility and conduct an assessment of your skill levels. Only after checking this data and receiving approval from Skills Canberra, can we finalise your enrolment.
Initially though, reserve a place by downloading, filling out and returning the enrolment pack:
The pack can be emailed back to [email protected] or dropped at Level 4, Eastern Plaza Offices, Terminal Circuit,Canberra, ACT, 2609
What Identification or Evidence do I need to provide?
In order for us to verify your eligibility we need to see or be provided with certain documents or personal identification, these include:
Citizenship and Permanent Residency
- Australian Birth Certificate; Australian Passport; Visa; Nationalisation Certificate; Green Medicare Card. Note: residency status for New Zealand Passport holders must be longer
than six months.
- Current ACT drivers licence; Health Care Card; Pension Card; ACT
Proof of Age Card; utilities account relating to the street address issued within
the last three (3) months (e.g. mobile, telephone, electricity); contract of
purchase, current lease or rental document.
- A letter or email from an ACT employer showing the street address where you are working in the ACT, or a Statutory Declaration.
Proof of Age over 15 Years
- Date of birth being stated on the enrolment form
- Copy or signed and dated document that one or more of the following proof
of age evidence has been sighted: any document showing date of birth, such as a Driver’s Licence; Health Care Card; ACT Proof of Age Card.
Are there any Fees or Charges?
The ACT Government provides a contribution towards the cost of your training. There will be some costs that you will need to contribute to your training including the following compulsory student fees:
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care – $350 **
- FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting – $350**
Terms and Conditions apply
There are no hidden or other fees or costs associated with your training. Any future incidental costs for items including reprinting of certification or damage to property or loan items, are covered in the Student Handbook.
You may be eligible for a fee concession. Fee concessions are available to you if, at the start of training, you hold a current and valid:
- Australian Government Health Care Card; or
- Australian Government Low Income Health Care Card; or
- Australian Government Pensioner Concession Card; or
- Veteran’s Gold Card.
If you are eligible for a concession, you may not have to pay part or all of your student course fee. We may be able to offer you a fee concession or fee waiver depending on your circumstances, this includes potentially claiming financial hardship.
Star Training staff will be able to determine your eligibility for a concession based on the information you provide in the enrolment pack and will advise if a course fee or part fee applies. If you wish to claim a fee waiver due to genuine financial hardship, please advise staff at enrolment and you will be given a fee waiver form to fill out and will be required to provide a form of evidence confirming the hardship.
Do I have the Skills to complete the training?
If you are eligible for training we will conduct an initial skills assessment to ensure you have capability to complete your training. We want you to feel comfortable and enjoy the experience and not place you in a situation where the expectation of completion may be unrealistic. This is neither fair to you or ourselves.
As part of the Skills Testing, you will be given a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment that is aligned to the qualification level you are studying. This will allow us to determine your ability to successfully complete your study, but also to identify any additional support you may require or any strategies we may need to adopt to assist you.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT)
As a further component of the Skills Testing, we will offer you the opportunity to apply for recognition of existing skills or have credit applied for training you may have already completed formally.
Is there an incentive to complete my training?
Yes. Aside from gaining skills to provide you with a potential career pathway and the personal satisfaction that comes with completing you study, you will be eligible for a completion payment of $200.