CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry - Online Delivery
This unit of competency specifies the mandatory work health and safety training required prior to undertaking construction work. The unit requires the person to demonstrate personal awareness and knowledge of health and safety legislative requirements in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others. It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
This unit meets the general construction induction training requirements of:
- Part 1.1 Definitions and Part 6.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety Regulations;
- Division 11 of Part 3 of the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 for Western Australia; and
- Division 3 of Part 5.1 of the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations 2007 for Victoria.
It is expected that site-specific induction training will be conducted prior to conducting construction work.
About CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry - Online Delivery
This course provides the Workplace Health and Safety (WHS)outcomes for induction to work safely in the construction industry and specifically on a construction site. This program is suitable for anybody in any industry who needs
Unless you complete this national training program and gain the Construction Induction Card, you will find it very difficult to work or gain access to a construction site. The course willsuit all construction and trade workers, civil construction workers, delivery drivers, site security officers and those who want to start a career in construction.
Entry Requirements - CPCCWHS1001 Online
There are no entry requirements into CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry, Requirements, however, participants should have a good level of literacy and numeracy so they can read, interpret and apply safety guidelines and protocols.
Students will need to successfully complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test based on the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) at ACSF Level Two.
As stipulated by Safe Work QLD, students are required to present 100 points of ID.
Course Units - CPCCWHS1001 Online
Course Duration - CPCCWHS1001 Online
The total course duration is 6.5 hours of real-time remote connected delivery conducted during one session. specified by SafeWork QLD and a 30-minute break.
This course has been modified to be delivered via zoom and online Learning Management System offering a real-time remote connected training to be only used during the lockdown, after the approval of SafeWork QLD.
Mode of Delivery - CPCCWHS1001 Online
This class involves theory and practical sessions, conducted via zoom, involving a maximum of 10 students per session, completing group and individual tasks.
Students are required to attend the full 6 hours of real-time remote connected delivery training via zoom in one day.
Students who miss the course or part of the course, are required to reregister and attend the full 6 hours. This 6 hour period must be training and not include administration activities.
Assessments - CPCCWHS1001 Online
Is provided through class activities and observation.
All summative assessments are based on the principles of competency-based training and assessment. Students will be assessed in both theory and simulated practical skills.
A final summative assessment is conducted and recorded in the ACSE Assessment Kit.
Methods of Assessment
Assessment of this unit consists of three assessment tasks:
- Answering a series of multiple choice and short answer written questions.
- Answering a series of short answer oral questions
- Observation of learners demonstrating correct fitting of Personal Protective Equipment
Payment Options - CPCCWHS1001 Online
Cost includes issue of the SafeWork NSW Statement of Training for General Induction and the actual Whitecard which will be posted to you by SafeWork NSW within 60 days. Your Statement of Training is also valid for 60 days and this enables you to commence work on site before your card arrives
Career Pathways - CPCCWHS1001 Online
On successful completion of this course, candidates may choose to complete individual units from the Property Services Training Package, or units/qualifications from other training packages or complete non-accredited courses, to increase their chances of employment.
Potential Jobs Roles - CPCCWHS1001 Online
ACSE has introduced a new learning method that would be used in exceptional circumstances when face
to face learning is inaccessible and online learning cannot meet the training and assessment requirements
for a particular unit of competency, for example, CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the
ACSE has designed a new learning experience that will include trainer-led zoom classes, to a maximum of 10 students during one session. These sessions will be face to face giving students a real-time live training session. ACSE will follow the following steps to make sure it delivers to the highest level of training and assessment:
- Advertising real-time remote sessions, which will mention on the brochures the process we will follow for this session.
- At enrolment inform the students of the training and assessment method ACSE and the trainers will follow, students will also be given a LLN test to make sure they meet the LLV requirements for this level of assessment. Students will also be notified of the need to organise their own PPE for the training.
- 24 hours before the training date, students will receive:
- An email which will include a zoom link of the training session
- A session plan detailing the times of each topic will be discussed
- Log in details to ACSE Learning Management System (LMS)
- Fact sheets and handouts needed for the session
- Admin and IT staff contact details.
- On the training date, the administration staff will commence the session, making sure all students won’t be admitted till their ID have been confirmed then proceed to the training session.
- Admin staff will make sure to grant access to any SafeWork auditor/ representative that might need to join the session.
- IT and Admin staff will be available during the session, to assist the trainer if needed to solve any technical issues that might occur
- The session will also be recorded and stored according to ACSE policies and procedures and will be available for audit purposes
- Students will receive information about their certifications and information about their licenses.
Let's Get Started
Fill out the form below and one of our Student Admissions Advisors will get in touch with you to guide you through enrolling for this program and answer any questions you have.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes