BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
This qualification BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts.
Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements.
About BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management makes individuals apply their practical skills, experience, and knowledge concerning management and leadership across a wide range of enterprise and industry contexts.
These individuals can easily take the initiative and judgment for planning and organizing, and, after that, they also implement and monitor their self-workload and workload of other employees. They develop excellent communication skills necessary to support team members and individuals competing in the enterprise’s and for organizational goals.
These individuals are skilled in planning, designing, applying, and evaluating the best solutions, even for unforeseen problems. They make it possible by successfully identifying, analyzing, and synthesizing all necessary information from several sources.
BSB50420 Entry Requirements
- Have sound communication skills and will undertake a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy test prior to commencing the training if required.
- Pass an ACSF based LLN assessment at Learning (ACSF Level 3+), reading (ACSF Level 3+), writing (ACSF Level 3+), oral communication (ACSF Level 4) and numeracy (ACSF Level 3+) or possess an Australian Year 12 matriculation certificate or an AQTF Certificate IV or above.
Have access to a computer and the internet
BSB50420 Course Structure
To achieve this qualification BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management, the candidate must demonstrate competency in 12 units of competency (6 core and 6 elective) which are listed below:
- BSBCMM511 Communicate with influence
- BSBCRT511 Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBLDR523 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- BSBOPS502 Manage business operational plans
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBTWK502 Manage team effectiveness
- BSBLDR522 Manage people performance
- BSBOPS503 Develop administrative systems
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBTWK501 Lead diversity and inclusion
- BSBWHS521 Ensure a safe workplace for a work area
- BSBTWK503 Manage meetings
BSB50420 Mode of Delivery
BSB50420 Diploma of Leadership and Management is an online self-paced course. Students will receive a unique student login at enrolment and be able to access all learning and assessment materials through the Student Portal. Students are provided with an induction to the course, to outline the learning and assessment processes, support services and other relevant information. Students will be allocated an online trainer/assessor who they need to communicate with regularly throughout the duration of their training. The online trainer/assessor is there to:
- Provide guidance and tuition
- Check on progress at least once a month and for a total of one hour per unit at a minimum (phone, email, Skype, Google Hangouts).
- Mark assessments and provide feedback.
- Be a point of contact for grievances or personal problems that may be experienced.
Students will be required to complete formative activities and summative assessment as they progress, using the Learner Guides, Assessment Workbooks and Learner Exercise Files provided to them. Aside from the IT and Software requirements mentioned previously, all other learning material is provided to the student.
Students will submit work through the Student Portal or email to their trainer/assessor for marking. Submitted work will be marked within 5 days and feedback provided and results entered by the trainer/assessor using the trainer portal.
BSB50420 Course Material
You will be provided access to learning materials including:
To successfully complete the course, you will be required to submit a range of formative and summative assessment items at pre-determined intervals where possible.
Assessment is used to provide candidates with feedback on their progress and to measure their skills and knowledge against the training qualification requirements.
Assessment timelines will be provided on enrolment as part of your enrolment information package.
BSB50420 Payment Options
Fees are payable when you receive your confirmation of enrolment and invoice for the enrolment fee. Fees must be paid within 5 days of receiving this notification from ACSE. We may cancel an enrolment or discontinue training if fees are not paid as required. Payment methods include direct deposit, cheque or credit card via Pay Pal.
Payment can be made in instalments as well. Please contact our student coordinator to ask about instalment options.
BSB50420 Career Pathways
This qualification provides opportunity in roles like: