ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Cyber Security)
This qualification (ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology) defines an individual’s role in several ICT (information and communication’s technology) roles, and those individuals have successfully established their special skills concerning technical ICT function.
About ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology
In this course (ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology) student must carry out moderately complex tasks concerning specialist fields, working as a part of a team or leading deliverables and working independently. These individuals based on their skills can apply for a wide range of business functions, departments and industries, or as an independent business owner (sole Contractor/Trader).
Moreover, students will be able to get the strong base for advanced networking (how to manage and configure virtual computing environments and as well as security of ICT networks) and cybersecurity (that is to protect sensitive information and data by applying security architecture and also by developing contingency and recovery plans for disasters).
No pre-requisite requirement is needed for this qualification as concerned to the course training package.
- Students must be over 18 years of age,
- Students must have completed Year 12 OR equivalent. Prospective learners are expected to be able to pass a Language,
- Must complete an LLN Assessment – diagnostic process to identify if prospective student require LLN Support
- A PC or equivalent running or capable of running Microsoft Windows 2010 and Microsoft Office 2010 and above
- Internet connection
The students enroled in the ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology are required to complete 20 (6 Core and 14 Elective) units of competency as listed below:
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic needs of an organization
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate team
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy in ICT
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concept
- ICTNWK542 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
- ICTNWK543 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise Switches
- ICTCYS407 Gather, analyse and interpret threat data
- ICTCYS610 Protect critical infrastructure for organisations
- ICTCYS613 Utilise design methodologies for security architecture
- ICTSAS524 Develop, implement and evaluate an incident response plan
- ICTSAS526 Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans
- ICTCLD501 Develop cloud disaster recovery plans
- ICTCLD502 Design and implement highly-available cloud infrastructure
- ICTCLD503 Implement web-scale cloud infrastructure
- ICTCLD504 Improve cloud-based infrastructure
- ICTCLD505 Implement cloud infrastructure with code
- ICTCLD506 Implement virtual network in cloud environments
- ICTCLD507 Build and deploy resources on cloud platforms
Mode of Delivery:
There will be a blended delivery mode, a kind of combination of online and classroom delivery.
- 900 hours are allocated to face-to-face classroom sessions.
- 600 hours of the course are allocated as structured online learning
- 420 hours are allocated to Self-paced study
Blended learning will be used to deliver course: face-to-face learning and online structured learning. Every student will be given a unique student login after enrolment, and all the learning assessment materials will be accessible to him via the student portal.
The duration hours of this course are 1920. And there will be a combination of classroom learning sessions, responding to assessment tasks, and self-paced study.
In total there will be 76 weeks, which consist of:
Assessments are designed to provide students with different opportunities to demonstrate that they have attained all the required skills and knowledge. They have performed several practical-based task and activities necessary for the requirements of recognised standards.
Students who will complete all units successfully concerning this course will receive the ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology certificate. Those students who will partially complete this qualification will also be statement of attainment for those units in which they were considered competent.
Potential job roles on completion of this course include:
Pathways to Qualification:
On completing ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology, one can also consider pathways into the ICT60120 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology.
RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning):
Kick start your career by earning a recognized qualification. Being acknowledged for the skills you acquire will help you advance your career and further education. We evaluate your skills and apply credits based on previous education, experience, and skills. Some of the job opportunities you may want to consider are nursing assistants, community care workers, support workers, personal care attendants, disability support workers, etc.